The Northeast Regional Cru office is currently buzzing with energy and activity…filled with students here for the Boston Operations Summer Project! Each June, the Boston Ops project brings students with skills such as finance, design, programming, and event-planning from around the country to Boston to work on various projects for Cru’s Northeast Region. In addition to growing in their God-given skills and talents, the students grow spiritually through Bible study and discipleship, training and experience in sharing their faith with others, and gospel-centered community and fellowship with each other.
The Boston Ops Summer Project is a unique and valuable opportunity, both for local campuses with operational needs, and for students who desire to honor God through workplace and city life. We cannot wait to see the ways that the Lord uses this special group of students who are eager to grow in their faith and professional skills! They are already producing valuable work for local teams, growing in community with each other, and having great spiritual conversations around Boston.
A few specific prayer requests for the project:
- Adjustment for the students (many of whom have never spent time in a big city before)
- Safety for the students as they travel through the city
- Courage for students as they learn to share their faith with those in Boston
- Endurance and wisdom for the staff team as they guide students through the summer and deal with unexpected problems; that they would be reliant of the Spirit to work through us to be what the students need
- For the Lord to be working in each student’s life this summer, and that they grow more into who He created them to be! The names of the students are: Jimmy, Hayes, Emily, Renee, Jessica, Mackenzie, Sarah, Jessie, Katelyn, Moriah, Kayla, Emily Ann, and Ella.
Thank you so much for your prayers and support of the Lord’s work in Boston and the Northeast! We are so thankful for your partnership and friendship.
Click here for more information about Cru Summer Projects.
Recent stories of God's handiwork on campuses throughout the Northeast and the world.